Saturday, March 19, 2011

Philippe's

 Oh Philippe!! Thanks to the show, "sandwich paradise" we found you. Well actually, we knew about you, but this really gave us an excuse to go.  You have to look up the show. They have all sorts of paradises. When I went today I actually felt like I was in paradise, except there were like 20 lines and they each had about 20 people in them. You had to be patient. BUT IT WAS WORTH IT. And while we were in line, we met a little friend. Actually quite ferocious. If you scroll down you can see some pix from the back of "her" or "him". And don't even get me started about the actual food. The only sandwich on the menu was the french dip but you could order it with different kinds of meat and cheese. They  dip the buns into the au jus sauce that they the marinate the meat in. The chili was also delish but the soup wasn't cutting it.   Now for dessert,  the coffee cake was out of this world.  We were trying to decide if it was better than my grandmas's.  So, I of course want to come back next weekend and maybe check out Olvera Street as well.
Lunch Time

Signage & the line

My parents ate these,  no comment

My french dip w/ american cheese


The BEST chili, good to the last drop!
Yummy coffee cake, my mom said even better than Hostess!



Guess who?!?!?!?!

4 comments:

  1. we are a family of Phillipes lovers! Next time we all go together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It all sounds so good! My mom needs to take me there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! I've been dying to go there!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Gracie! Wow! All this food sounds so overwhelming! I have never heard of any of these outrageous foods! (I just found out about this blog) I miss you at Westwood Charter!
    -Danica ;)

    ReplyDelete